Located in San Jose, California, we provide technology consulting to small and mid-sized businesses by offering a wide variety of IT consulting and managed services, from strategic technology advice and planning to complex technical work. Our managed services solutions provide complete 24/7 network management, system infrastructure, security, disaster recovery, managed hosting and remote managed services implementing leading edge technologies for our MSP client base.
Are you looking for a job where you’re not lost in the crowd, where your ideas and input are valued? Looking for a stable atmosphere with less politics and less meetings? Would you like to be part of a growth strategy; where your efforts are recognized and appreciated? Join our team! We’re a friendly, fast-growing company with a collaborative, team-focused culture. We’re looking for people seeking an opportunity to utilize their expertise and experiences. We take pride in doing our jobs well and helping our clients make the most of their technology. We offer a flexible work environment with health benefits, paid time off, retirement plan matching, results-oriented bonus plan, education incentives and more.
We are actively seeking qualified candidates for the following open position: Customer-Focused Systems Engineer
Myers Network Solutions is a regional information technology services company that has been helping small and mid-size businesses in the South Bay eliminate computer and network headaches for almost 12 years. We are currently looking for a seasoned Systems Engineer with strong interpersonal communications skills that can resolve Level 2 & 3 helpdesk issues, perform on-site computer, network and server support, project work and assisting our team to prevent issues by implementing our maintenance and monitoring tools.
If you have a passion for technology and want to be a part of a vibrant environment working with a team of people who share that same enthusiasm, we’ve got 3 questions for you . . .
- Do you like to keep busy? There’s never a dull moment with us! As a member of Team Myers you will help support small and mid-size business primarily in the Bay Area.
- Are you looking for opportunities for growth? Year over year, we’ve been growing 20% and we have a great opportunity for someone ready for lots of career growth. We firmly believe that as the company grows, it is our job to give our employees opportunities to grow as well – personally and financially. You have the opportunity to broaden your skill sets working hands-on and remotely on a variety of client networks. We pay for your required certification exams and industry knowledge tests, provide you with resources for training and give you all the tools you need to succeed in this role. In addition, as a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to earn as much additional income as you’d like through our results-oriented bonus plan.
- Do you enjoy people? If you’ve a super-friendly, customer-focused person who knows that you’ve got to use the W.I.T. (Whatever-it-takes) method to get a job done for a client, you’ll fit right in. We are DIE-HARD FANATICAL about making our customers happy – and we even guarantee our services to back it up!
If you answered YES to those three questions, then we have the PERFECT opportunity for you. This is your chance to work with a growing company who has a long track record of providing excellent service in our community and be able to really be part of a team.
** Candidates will be expected to:
- Implement and maintain network infrastructure in a Service provider and private cloud environment for client computer networks, with heavy expertise in Microsoft server technologies, such as Exchange, SQL, and other core server products. Requires a high level of technical knowledge that can be applied to customer’s technical issues and problems.
- Responsible for a higher level of support of client networks and infrastructure to assist other technical staff members in resolving issues or developing technical solutions for company’s customers and to effectively research and design technical solutions for customer opportunities.
- Maintain Myers Network Solutions’ positive reputation with existing clients through exceptional service delivery.
- Provide onsite and remote desktop support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. Work independently to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issue(s), troubleshoot over the phone and via remote log-in, and escalate problems to Level 4 support when appropriate.
- Ability to multi-task to support a variety of network and end-user environments with executives, business owners, managers and end users required. Must demonstrate superior communication skills to respond to diverse clients with urgent needs while recognizing they are looking for solutions, not technical explanations.
- You will also perform service and preventative maintenance activities on products, and assists in installations and deliveries.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the industry
- Microsoft MCP
- Microsoft MCDST
- Microsoft MCIPT Server 2008
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Microsoft SQL and Exchange administration
- Proficiency in supporting Windows desktop operating systems
- Proficiency in supporting Windows server operating systems
Other Helpful Areas of Expertise:
- Work Experience in an IT consulting environment a plus
- Experience working with IT monitoring and PSA tools, such as Kaseya, Tigerpaw, ConnectWise
- Experience working in implementation and operations of a private cloud environment
- Experience working with a NOC or other operations as necessary
- Experience working with Apple Macs
- Experience with VoIP phone systems
This position is staffed weekdays from 8:00am – 5:00pm. Staff members are on call evenings and weekends on a rotating basis. Myers Network Solutions offers benefits which include paid time off, medical, dental & life insurance, retirement plan matching, mileage reimbursement, results-based bonus compensation plan and educational incentives.
This position requires a car; valid California Driver’s License and valid auto insurance. Typical travel is within 30 miles of our office.
Qualified candidates meeting work background and experience requirements are encouraged to send a detailed resume and cover letter noting why they are interested in the position, what skills they can bring to MNS and their salary requirements to email@example.com.
Submissions are accepted electronically only. Please DO NOT phone regarding this position.
Eligible, qualified candidates will receive initial response and communication via e-mail.